Booking a Test
The easiest way to book your test is online. You can book your test within one week. You will be given the date and time of your test immediately and offered the opportunity to buy revision material (for example, a book, DVD, app download).
To get more information and book your test:
When booking your test, you will receive confirmation by email. It is important that you check the details (including type of test, the location, the date and time) and follow any instructions given regarding the test.
If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours, please call the booking line to check your booking has been made on 01847894560.
What information do I need to book a test?
To book a test you should have the following the information to hand.
- Which test you need to take.
- Whether you require any special assistance (see below).
- Payments are made though PayPal, you don’t require a PayPal account to pay vie debit\credit card.
- Your personal details.
- Your CITB registration number, if you have taken a Health, Safety and Environment Test before or applied for certain card schemes.
What special assistance is available when taking the test?
All tests can be booked with English or Welsh voice-overs.
Foreign language assistance
- The test for operatives can be booked with voice-overs in the following languages: Bulgarian, Czech, French, German, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian and Spanish
Taking a Test
On the day of the test you will need to:
- Allow plenty of time to get to the test centre and arrive at least 15 minutes before the start time of the test
- Take your confirmation email
- Take proof of identity that includes your photo and signature (such as a driving licence card or passport
On arrival at the test centre, staff will check your documents to ensure you are booked onto the correct test. If you do not have all the relevant documents, you will not be able to sit your test and you will lose your fee.
During the Test
The tests are all delivered on a computer screen. However, you do not need to be familiar with computers and the test does not involve any typing. All you need to do is select the relevant answer(s), using a mouse.
Before the test begins you will work through a tutorial (this is optional). It explains how the test works and lets you try out the buttons and functions that you will use while taking your test.
There will be information displayed on the screen which shows you how far you are through the test and how much time you have remaining.
After the Test
At the end of the test there is an optional survey that gives you the chance to provide feedback on the test process.
You will be provided with a printed score report after you have left the test room. This will tell you whether you have passed or failed your test and give feedback on areas where further learning and revision are recommended.
What do I do if I fail?
If you fail your test, your Score Report will provide you with information on the areas where you got questions wrong.
It is strongly recommended that you revise these areas thoroughly before re-booking. You will have to wait at least 48 hours before you can take the test again.
What do I do if I pass?
Once you have passed your test, you should consider applying to join the relevant card scheme, if you have not done already. However, please be aware that you may need to complete further training, assessment and/or testing to meet their specific entry requirements.
Ormlie Industrial Estate